Mow Greener Exchange Program
Receive a $100 VISA Gift Card when you exchange your old gas-powered lawn mower for a new battery-powered lawn mower.
June 30 Update: We have approximately 50 additional spaces for Mow Greener! Register now, purchase your new battery-powered lawn mower, and upload your receipt to claim a $100 VISA gift card.
Why Switch Mower Types?
- Battery powered mowers run cleaner than gas and oil-based engines.
- Battery powered mowers are easier to maintain: no gas, oil or spark plugs.
- Battery powered mowers are light weight & easy to start.
- Battery pack can be used in other same voltage/brand lawn care equipment.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Participants must reside in Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, or Warren counties.
- Residential households only! Lawn maintenance companies are not eligible to participate.
- Limit one rebate per household.
- Participants must register and be confirmed to be eligible for the rebate.
How Do I Participate?
- Register online beginning Friday, April 1. If you do not have internet access, you may register by phone: 513-946-7777, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Once you have received the confirmation email, purchase your brand new, battery-powered lawn mower from the retailer of your choice. Here are suggestions to help start your search: Lowes; Home Depot
- Scrap your old gas-powered mower at a scrap metal recycler in your county (see list below)
- Submit a copy of your receipt for the new mower; must be purchased after April 1, 2022.
- Pick up your gift card (instructions will be provided after you submit your receipts). You must sign a statement saying that your gas-powered lawn mower was recycled and that you have received your $100 gift card.
- Enjoy a cleaner, quieter mowing experience and spending that $100!
Scrap Metal Recycler List
It is recommended that you call the metal recycler in advance to check materials accepted and hours of operation.
Round Bottom Recycling: 5100 River Valley Rd., Milford, 45150; 513-248-4435
Refer to Clinton County’s website for options.
Garden Street Iron & Metal: 2815 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, 45225; 513-721-4660; 7500 New Haven Road, Harrison, OH 45030; 513-738-2678
Miamitown Auto Parts & Recycling: 6980 State Route 128, Cleves, OH 45002; 513-353-1111
Phipps Auto Parts, 10429 Cozaddale-Murdock Rd., Morrow 45152; 513-722-2034